Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Evening in Seattle

The journey has taken me through two wonderful family visits in California--Bill and Norma in Carmel, and Uncle Larry in Santa Rosa--and a delicious and quick lunch in Sausalito with my last summer's roommate. Great talks, comfortable time together, and I'm so very glad I swung south to include the Bay Area on my route. //Yesterday I left Santa Rosa about 8:30 in the morning, but I ran out of steam in Medford, Oregon, checked into a Day's Inn and read, napped, had a light supper and a wonderful night's sleep. This morning I started out at 7:00 and discovered just how gorgeous Oregon is. Mountainous in the southwest, flat and lush through the Willamette Valley...just gorgeous! //Washington state is not so pristine as Oregon, and--as you might expect--traffic ground to a crawl when I got to Seattle. Since my notes are all in the car, and since I'm not prepared to go out and get them, I'll close for now and include those details tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment